2AM is a South Korean four-member ballad boy band under JYP Entertainment. The members are Jinwoon, Jo Kwon, Seulong, and Changmin. 2AM is one of the two subgroups branched out from the eleven-member (before Jaebeom‘s departure) boy band One Day, the other being 2PM. They officially debuted on July 11, 2008 on KBS’s Music Bank, performing their debut song “This Song”. They won their first Mutizen at Inkigayo on February 7, 2010 with “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die“.
Along with the members of 2PM, 2AM appeared on the documentary Hot Blood that was aired on Mnet, documented their rigorous training program of their pre-debut days. Changmin was the only member of One Day to not appear in the documentary because he was serving in the military at that time. Initially, Jinwoon was eliminated on Hot Blood, but he ended up in 2AM due to Daehun’s withdrawal from JYPE. Jo Kwon trained for 2567 days, 10 days past 7 years after joining JYPE.
2AM’s first single, “This Song”, was released on July 21, 2008. They made their debut performance on July 11, 2008, performing their debut song “이 노래 (This Song)”.
2AM made a comeback with another single album, “Time For Confession”, on March 19, 2009 with “친구의 고백 (Confession of a Friend)” being the title track.
Year Award 2008
- Cyworld Digital Music Awards: Song of the Month (February) (“Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die”)
- Mnet Asian Music Awards: Best Vocal Performance by a Group – “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die”
- 25th Golden Disk Awards: Digital Music Bonsang – “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die”
- 25th Golden Disk Awards: Digital Music Daesang – “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die”
- 2nd Melon Music Awards: 2010 T-World Best Song – “Can’t Let You Go Even If I Die”
- 2nd Melon Music Awards: 2010 Top 10